Photographer . Writer . Media Strategist
I’m a documentary photographer, writer, media strategist and online campaigner based in Washington, D.C. My passion is telling stories through creative photography projects. Having spent years working in the public interest as a journalist and at NGOs, I’ve always sought to make a positive difference in the world. Now, as a media consultant, I work with causes I believe in to enlighten, educate and motivate in order to spark positive change or reform. I’m driven by a desire to make an impact — to use my skills as a writer, photographer and campaigner to expose social injustice through powerful, purposeful storytelling.
I also enjoy covering many of the breaking news events that occur in Washington. Whether you call it documentary photography, photo journalism or reportage, I feel most at home when I’m out in the thick of the action.
In my free time, you’re most likely to find me in whatever city I’m in wandering the streets looking for intriguing images. While I’m drawn to all types of photography — from portraiture to travel — there’s something romantic about street photography and the magical way it connects us to different eras, places and cultures. At its core, the photographs reveal something universal about the emotions in the human face or the way people go about their daily lives, whether it’s wandering the streets in Manhattan, Paris or Tokyo.
I write about photography on the Huffington Post. I also run DC Focused, a website that chronicles life in Washington, D.C. through the eyes of its photographers, and lead frequent photo walks through the DC Focused Meetup group. I also lead travel photography workshops at Focused Photo Adventures.
- Winner — Exposed DC’s 2017 Show
- Winner — Exposed DC’s 2016 Show
- 2nd Place — Foto DC’s Spring 2015 Faces of DC Competition
- Winner — Exposed DC’s InstantDC 2014 Open Call
Media & Publications
- UnPresidented: The Inauguration of Donald J. Trump and the People’s Response (co-editor and contributor)
- Cuba: Seven in 10 (contributor)
- “Finding hope and dreams in Havana amid the rubble and everyday struggles” ~
- Huffington Post“Traveling to Cuba is the easy part; Doing it legally takes some work” ~
- Huffington Post“How Creating a Photography Community & Meetup Made Me A Better Photographer” ~
- Shutterbuglife“Five Essential Tips on Covering DC’s Cherry Blossoms” ~
- Huffington Post“Finding the Story in Your Street Photography” ~
- Huffington Post“Sometimes, Street Photography is About Having Faith” ~ Huffington Post